cdl TEST


A “CDL” is a commercial driver’s license. It also meets certain minimum “standards” that are the same for all states. However, it differs from Texas “operator” or “chauffeur” licenses. Most importantly, you require this license if you drive certain types of commercial trucks or buses. For this reason, obtaining a Class A CDL license is more complicated than a standard driver’s license. In general, most applicants will choose a CDL test study guide as their best resource to prepare for the CDA license and find the best CDL training at

CDL School Texas  has the best training that includes the same practice questions found on the actual Texas DMV DPS exam. Therefore, if you want to drive a large vehicle, you will need to pass the Class A Commercial License (CDL).

In particular, the CDL test has two sections:

First, a general knowledge section consisting of 5 exams.
Second, a road test

Today, the Texas DMV DPS test has become rigorous and comprehensive, including specific answers on safety, knowledge, and driving topics. However, our instructors are highly qualified to train you and provide you with the required information.

For one thing, you must be 21 years old except 18 years old when all commercial driving takes place within Texas and does not transport hazardous materials that require placards. Or, don’t drive double or triple trailers.
On the other hand, you must be physically capable. According to MCSR 49 CFR 391.41 regulations, you must obtain a valid card from a DOT medical examiner (before you want to obtain a CDL permit or taking any CDL skills test).
Finally, if not, you must qualify for the license basing on your driving record.

Additionally, any of the following will disqualify you from obtaining a Texas CDL:

  • First, when you have a license from any state other than Texas.
  • Second, you currently have some disqualification of your Texas or any other state commercial driving privilege.
  • Third, your license was suspended, revoked, denied, or canceled.
  • Fourth, you have a conviction for operating a commercial motor vehicle while drunk in the 24 months immediately preceding the request.
  • Finally, other technical rules and additional restrictions pertain only to Texas.


  • We are not a CDL Certified Texas Forced Labor School.
  • Do not grant any certification other than the CDL class A license and it is the DPS who performs the tests.
  • Have no hidden costs for truck rental or training. We are honest and trustworthy.
  • Marketing for CDL training, truck rentals, and other professions
  • Respect the law and love the country. We love what we do.
  • Have a clean driving record
  • No history of serious crime
  • Pass a physical exam every two years.
  • The general knowledge portion of the CDL exam covers many facts and figures for trucks and highways.
  • Take the time to study them in the weeks leading up to the exam.
  • You will need hands-on time with a truck to prepare for the highway driving portion of the CDL exam.

In fact, one of the best ways to prepare for the CDL test is to use a CDL test study guide, which will walk you through some sample questions, a practice test, and test-taking strategies specifically around the CDL test.
Enroll in our school. You will not regret it.

It is a law passed by the United States Congress that requires ALL individual states to meet certain standards regarding the licensing of drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMV).

In this case, Texas driver’s license standards comply with the law, requiring CMV drivers to obtain a Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) when driving applicable trucks and buses. Although, you can issue your CDL license in your STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE, and if you have a CDL license, you cannot have ANY OTHER DRIVER’S LICENSE in ANY other state.

Mainly, you will need a Texas commercial driver’s license if you operate any of the following CMVs:

1. A vehicle with a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 pounds.
2. A vehicle towing a unit with a manufacturer’s GVWR of more than 10,000 pounds. When the GCWR exceeds 26,000 pounds.
3. A vehicle used for:

  • Carries 15 or more passengers (excluding the driver)
  • Take 15 or fewer people (including the driver) when you take children to or from school and home regularly to get compensation

4. A vehicle that transports hazardous materials in quantities that require placards.

1. Show your Texas driver license.
2. You must take and pass all Texas examinations that apply to your license class and endorsement requirements.
3. Show proof of social security number.
4. Meet Texas driver record eligibility requirements as determined by the State.
5. Fill out an application including certifications.
6. Provide a DOT medical certificate and pass the required CDL knowledge and vision tests (BEFORE a CDL Temporary Instruction Permit will be issued).
7. Pay the Texas CDL fees.
8. Schedule, take, and pass your Texas CDL skills test.

Too, we include in the Texas CDL Course a separate booklet package which covers information such as fees, locations, contacts, procedures and other items specific to Texas for the written and skills examinations for ALL classes of CDL and ALL available endorsements.

A “skills” test is the practical part of the exam. Therefore, it includes:

  1. A vehicle inspection test to measure your ability to perform a vehicle safety check.
  2. A test of basic control skills.
  3. A driving test.

Generally, the skills test is done at an approved third-party testing site in your area. But, this can vary and the latest procedures are outlined in the Texas CDL course.

Yes! It is good throughout the entire United States.

Indeed, there are MANY reasons. For example, inappropriate use of alcohol or drugs, traffic violations, and underreporting top the list. For this reason, the course details ALL the rules regarding suspension or revocation. Most importantly, the use of alcohol or drugs is not tolerated and your history WILL FOLLOW YOU THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES FOREVER !!!

So let’s say my Texas CDL is revoked. Can’t I apply for a commercial driver’s license in another state?

Not!!! Those days are gone.

  1. Active Duty Military… with military licenses operating military vehicles.
  2. Firefighters… meeting approved training standards and operating authorized emergency vehicles.
  3. Farmers… in certain cases.
  4. Individuals… operating motor homes or other vehicles used exclusively to transport personal possessions or family members, for non business purposes.

It refers to the type of vehicle that you may operate:

CLASS A allows you to operate vehicles that tow trailers or other vehicles with a GVWR of more than 10,000 pounds. A Class “A” license also allows you to operate Class B and C vehicles.

CLASS B allows you to operate individual vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 lbs or more OR a Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) of 26,001 lbs. or more, towing trailers/vehicles rated 10,000 pounds GVWR or less. A Class “B” license also allows you to operate Class C vehicles.

CLASS C allows you to operate vehicles under 26,001 pounds. GVWR, which would not normally require a CDL; except when designed to carry 16 or more people, including the driver; or who transport 15 or fewer people (including the driver) who transport children to or from school and home on a regular basis to obtain compensation, or carry hazardous materials in quantities that require placards. It requires the corresponding endorsements.

Endorsements are necessary for certain commercial driving requirements as follows:
(P) PASSENGER. For vehicles carrying 16 or more people (including the driver); or those which carry 15 or less people (including the driver) transporting children to or from school and home regularly for compensation.
(N) TANK VEHICLES. For vehicles transporting liquids or liquefied gases in bulk in permanently mounted tanks or portable tanks with a nominal capacity of 1,000 gallons or more.
(H) HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. To carry hazardous materials in amounts requiring placards.
(X) And Endorsement code designating a Tank (N) vehicle that carries Hazardous Materials (H).

In a way, yes … with restrictions. You are limited to driving INTRA-STATE commercial vehicles (you cannot drive a commercial truck or bus outside of Texas). You cannot drive a vehicle that requires HAZ MAT placards, you cannot drive double or triple trailers. Also, you cannot drive a school bus with children on board until you are 21 years old.